I have dedicated my life to healing hearts and homes. This passion for this has guided me to be active in the lives of thousands of people since 1972 when I first began caring for the inner emotional struggles of human souls. I am trained in theology and gifted in giving guidance through counseling to both individuals and families. Coming out of a troubled and dysfunctional home myself, causes me to have real empathy for people either suffering from abuse from others or addicted to destructive life patterns.
The core of my counsel is found in developing a healthier life story based on the love of God found in Christ Jesus, which allows us to change the emotional states that are driving us into destructive actions. The goal is to teach people how to live sane, stable, and spiritual lives. If you are looking for counseling that comes from decades of experience, a caring pastoral heart, and with a practical edge then you may find that I could be an excellent fit for your needs.
Information on Dr. Norman R. Wise
I have a B.S in education and B.A. in Biblical theology from Geneva College. I have a Master’s of Divinity and a D.Min from Knox Theological seminary.
My doctorate focus and written dissertation was on “The Pastor and Pain” which examined in-depth methods on how we explain pain and suffering in our lives and the process that a pastor can take to provide caring counsel and practical help to emotionally and mentally suffering people.
II. My History
• Professed faith in Jesus Christ when I was 7 years old from reading John 3:16
• Was raised up to age of 11 in a home struggling with an alcoholic father.
• After the divorce that occurred when I was 11 was raised in a single parent home by my mother.
• Called to serve Jesus Christ when I was 17 years old when I was used to lead a head of a gang to profess faith in Christ.
• Was part of the “Jesus People” revival of the early 70s
• Began “lay counseling” of people using drugs and young people beginning in 1972
• Am called by God through Isaiah 61:1-3 and define my ministry as healing the broken hearted.
• Continued counseling people in the context of my teaching ministry through a variety of churches and ministries
• Served as the Executive Director of Communications and Counseling at Coral Ridge Ministries
• Served at Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church as Minister of Discipleship focused on recovery and support groups.
• Worked with Randy Young and Dr. Bob Stuart to create Living Water Counseling in 1991.
• Rev. Young was called by God to begin another Living Water Counseling of Southern Oregon in 2004.
• Living Water Counseling began offering “Family Life Skill” Classes in 1992 working with Dr. Paul Hegstorm and Life Skills International. http://www.lifeskillsintl.org/
• Became the Executive Director of Living Water in 2004 as well as continuing to serve as Senior Pastor of First Church West (now Associate Pastor of Counseling)
II. The Ministry
• Living Water Christian Counseling provides personal counseling, coaching, and spiritual mentoring.
• We also have educational process groups to help people improve themselves and their families.
• We have two teaching centers, one in Tamarac and the other in Boca where we provide small groups and seminars.
• Since our founding in 1991 we have provided help to over 30,000 people
• Living Water Counseling normally sees about 20 people a year profess Christ as Lord and Savior.
• I co-host a talk show on Gracenetradio every week on Tuesday at 1:00 PM called “Ask the Counselor”
• I have authored several books:
Life Journaling: A Process Of Finding Inner Harmony
Succeeding At Life
Learning to Love in 27 days
These can be ordered through Amazon.