The 12 Steps from a Christian point of view By Dr. Norman Wise
1. We admitted, by a revelation of the Holy Spirit, that we were powerless over other people, events and substances-that our lives had become uncontrollable because of our sin. We accepted 100% responsibility for our words, actions, and attitudes.
2. Came to believe by the grace of the Holy Spirit, that Messiah Jesus in his death, burial, and resurrection could restore us to sanity and bring us salvation.
3. Made a decision by the grace of the Holy Spirit to turn our will and our lives over to the care of the living and resurrected Messiah Jesus.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves asking the Holy Spirit to convict us of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
5. Admitted to Father God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs in the faith that Messiah Jesus had paid for all of these sins and we are forgiven and cleansed from them by the grace of God alone.
6. Ask the Holy Spirit to make us ready to remove all these defects of character, grant to us the gift of repentance, renew our minds, and help us live as those who have died with Messiah Jesus and been raised to a new life.
7. Humbly asked the Holy Spirit to remove our shortcomings, habitual sins, and unbelief.
8. Make a list of all persons we have harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all. Pray for all the people we have harmed to be granted healing and grace from Messiah Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
9. Make direct restitution to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continue to take personal inventory and when we are wrong promptly admit it and repent of it daily. To ask daily to have the Holy Spirit examine us and to keep our conscience sensitive. Depending on the suffering of Christ Jesus in our place to provide forgiveness for all our sins (1 John 1:8,9)
11. Sought through prayer and meditation on the Scriptures to improve our conscious contact with God our heavenly Father in Christ Jesus, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power of the Holy Spirit to carry that out. To seek first HIS kingdom and righteousness in all things.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening by the grace of God alone, with the help of these steps, we plan to carry the message of the gospel of Messiah Jesus to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.